Monday, September 17, 2012

Busy-ness & Poe

“I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much.” --Mother Theresa

 September - for me -  means the beginning of a very busy time. I do my best to have my Christmas shopping done by the end of October. I begin planning for various holiday events. I do my spring cleaning in the fall...

Since I was inducted into The Mommy Club last year, I'm especially excited for the holidays. My son, Baby J, is now 15 months old. He's the coolest little kid and I love seeing the world through his eyes. 

So, this year, my bestie and I are throwing a Halloween party for our kiddos. My bestie's daughter (my god daughter) is 6 years old and so much fun. Our children just adore each other and I just love seeing them together. This year they are both dressing up as pirates for Halloween. I just can't wait to see them both in costume!

I'm writing all this to say that I have a lot of projects in the works. I'm currently working on:

  • Homemade Halloween pirate costume
  • Wall decor for son's room
  • Wreath for the front door
  • Trick or treat bag
  • Halloween party projects 
  • Blinds for our dining area
  • Window treatment for our office
  • Window treatment for son's room


My husband is actually finishing up two projects for me. One of them is extra storage space from Learning to be me. He's also finishing up the painting in our office. Then it'll be time to tackle our master bedroom. Fun! 

Upcoming projects:

  • Canvas art
  • Wall shelves for the office
  • Craft Dresser
  • Updated Wicker Shelf
  • Reupholstered storage ottoman
  • Reupholstered rocker glider
  • Decor & Gifts for 70th birthday party

Our family experienced a tragic loss in early September and as such, it's been hard for me to think of much else. Being able to craft and update my home has been a much needed reprieve from my very muddled thoughts. I think that's why I have so many project irons in the proverbial fire - to keep my mind off of our loss. I know I need to face it head on and I know I need to grieve and process it in a healthy way. Until I figure out HOW to do that, I'll just keep praying, loving, living, and crafting. 

I'll conclude with a picture of my most recent Hobby Lobby purchase. I've named this little fella Poe. I wrapped some Halloween ribbon around his base. It's rather sloppy but it'll do until I figure out just what I want to do to dress him up. 

Poe!


No comments:

Post a Comment