Saturday, September 15, 2012

And so it begins...

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.”  ― Plato



I decided to blog for a number of reasons.

Ultimately, my family has had a lot going on recently. A lot of difficulty and many tests. Yet and still, I know just how blessed we are and how far we've come. I used to write in an online journal and it really helped me during those tough times.

I don't think I'm anyone special or extraordinary. I think that I'm a regular person with a story - just like you. I'm willing to share my story in hopes of reaching at least one person out there who may be feeling like she is dealing with something that no one can relate to.

I'm a believer and follower of Jesus Christ. I ran from God at an early age because I was convinced that believing in God meant a life of condemnation and rules. I am saved by God's grace and insistent pursuit of this rebellious spirit. I officially gave my life to Jesus at an Easter service in 2009 and was baptized in 2011 a few weeks before my son was born. 

I'm the daughter and only child of an ex-military Texan father and a native Thai mother. I've struggled with failed marriages, my weight, diabetes, infertility, PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) , and uterine cancer.

I'm married to my best friend. We met while playing an online video game ( a MMORPG to be precise) back in 2000. (Have I mentioned that I'm a BIG OL' gamer and geeky girl? No? Well, I am. Yes, indeed.) My husband and I were married in 2005.

After years of trying to conceive and issues with infertility and cancer, we adopted our first child, our son, in 2011. We have an open adoption and a very precious and intimate relationship with our son's birth mother.

These are some of the pivotal moments and milestones in my very busy, very hectic, very full, yet very blessed life.

By blogging and sharing my experiences - past, present, and future - I hope to reach others that may be in a similar situation. I'll talk about my family, my friends, my faith, my brokenness, my ah-ha moments, my pets, and my crafting adventures. I hope to have my sister from another mister guest blog from time to time as she and I are having so much fun plotting and crafting together.

So, welcome to my little neck of the internet woods. Let's get to know each other better, shall we?







1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading anything you choose to write lady. I know, and hope others will find out, just how fantastic of a writer you are. much love.

    ReplyDelete